Book Summary of Data Warehouse Toolkit
The Data Warehouse Toolkit, Second Edition is a complete library of dimensional modeling techniques - the most comprehensive collection ever written. In this new edition - more than 40% new and updated - Kimball shows specific technologies for common business applications, including: Retail sales, Inventory management, Procurement, Orders and invoices, Customer relationship management and Accounting. It also cover more advanced techniques for specific industries, such as financial services, telecommunications and utilities, health care, insurance and more.
- Single most authoritative guide from the inventor of the technique
- Presents unique modeling techniques for e-commerce, and shows strategies for optimizing performance
- Companion Web site provides updates on dimensional modeling techniques, links related to sites, and source code where appropriate
About the Author
Ralph Kimball has been a leading visionary in the data warehouse industry since 1982 and is one of today's most well- known speakers, consultants, and teachers. He writes the "Data Warehouse Designer" column for Intelligent Enterprise magazine and is also the author of the bestselling books The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit and The Data Webhouse Toolkit (both from Wiley).
Margy Ross is President of DecisionWorks Consulting and a Ralph Kimball Associate. She has focused exclusively on decision support and data warehousing since 1982. Margy coauthored the highly acclaimed The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit, consults on data warehouse projects worldwide, and teaches data warehouse design for Kimball University.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Book
- Dimensional Modeling Primer
- Retail Sales
- Order Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Services
- Telecommunications and Utilities
- Health Care
- Electronic Commerce
- Building the Data Warehouse
- Present Imperatives and Future Outlook