Session Errors in Informatica can be of two types
- Fatal error: Allows the Integration service to stop the session
- Non Fatal error: Dose not forces the session to stop on its first occurrence.
Non Fatal Error:
A non-fatal error is an error that does not force the session to stop on its first occurrence.To check the occurrence we can set the Stop on Error Option in the session properties and the Integration service counts these errors.
There are mainly three types of non fatal errors:
- Reader Errors: This error happens while reading form the database source or flat files or any other kind of source systems
- Writer Errors: This error occurs while writing to the target or database
- Transformation Errors: This error is encountered by the Integration service while transforming the data.
As discussed the fatal errors results in stopping the session. All the reading and writing are stopped and it rolls back all the data that is not committed to the target database.
This happens when there is a loss of connection and not able to access source ,target or repository. This can include loss of connection or target database errors, such as lack of database space to load data.