You can either stop or abort a task within a workflow from the Workflow Monitor.
Stopping a Task
- When you stop a task the Integration service stops processing the task
- The Integration Service does not process other tasks in the path of the stopped or aborted task.
- When we stop a task the Integration Service continues processing concurrent tasks in the workflow.
- If the Integration Service cannot stop the task, you can abort the task.
Aborting a Task
- Abort task is similar to stopping but the difference is that except it has a timeout period of 60 seconds. If the Integration Service cannot finish processing and committing data within the timeout period, it kills the DTM process and terminates the session
- When you abort a task, the Integration Service kills the process on the task(Just like the unix kill command)
- When you abort a task the Integration Service continues processing concurrent tasks.