The Direct Database Request permits you to perform SQL statement directly to a data source. The Oracle BI Server sends unprocessed, user-entered, physical SQL directly to an underlying database. The returned results set can be rendered in Oracle BI Presentation Services, and then charted, rendered in a dashboard and treated as an Oracle BI request.The Execute Direct SQL (Direct Database Request) feature is seen in Answers page.Under the Subject Area.
|Direct Database Request|
In Answers with the help of this feature Administrator can debug some issues like….
- Check physical connectivity to the database.
- Check report or dashboard performance (Performance Tuning)
Mostly this feature is not allowed or not considered as a good practice to Production users. The reasons are
- User can by-pass a data level security defined in the repository.
- They can overload production database
- Users can delete some important database object.
- They can see some other tables which they are not permitted to see.
We can disable” Execute Direct SQL” by following the path below:
Answers > Settings > Administration > Manage Privilege.